The Canadian Automotive Museum will open its doors for free during Doors Open Oshawa. Volunteers will be on hand to answer questions and complimentary family crafts will be available.
Sites across the city will be open from 10am until 4pm. Visitors are encouraged to park in the Canadian Automotive Museum's parking lot and explore downtown sites on foot. Spend the day discovering local history and celebrate community heritage. All sites are free of charge. For more information on Doors Open Oshawa 2018 visit the City of Oshawa's website.
Here's a sneak-peak of what you'll see in 2018:
- NEW! Fire Hall 6, 2339 Simcoe Street North: The design of this hall and its building materials complements the historical legacy of Windfields Farm.
- Portraits by Goguen, 91 Centre Street South: An example of Second Empire style of architecture, now an art gallery and residence.
- Cowan House, 39 Athol Street West: Built in 1858.
- St. George's Memorial Church, 51 Centre Street South: Designed by Eden Smith.
- Simcoe Street United Church, 66 Simcoe Street South: Built in 1867. Celebrating 200 years!
- Oshawa Public Library, McLaughlin Branch, 65 Bagot Street: Design influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Oshawa Masonic Centre, 91 Centre Street South: Celebrating over 300 years of masonry!
- McLaughlin Bandshell, 110 Simcoe Street South: Join the Oshawa Civic Band for concerts and tours.
- Islamic Centre of Oshawa, 23 Lloyd Street: Oshawa's first purpose designed Mosque.
- Canadian Automotive Museum, 99 Simcoe Street South: See vehicles from 1902 to 1988. Lightning McQueen is in the house!
- Oshawa Sports Hall of Fame, 99 Athol Street: Fabulous collection of Oshawa sports memorabilia.
- Pine Ridge Model Train Club, 32 Wilson Road North: Discover a miniature world.
- Camp X-Intrepid Park, Boundary Road, walking tour of the spy training camp.
- Oshawa Museum, will present tours at Union Cemetery, 760 King Street West.
- Ontario Regiment Museum, 1000 Stevenson Road North, Oshawa Airport South Field.
- Canadian Victory Garden, 200 Winchester Road West.